11.19.2008

turtle


This was so much more work than I anticipated!

It was a toss-up between a scarf and a collar, and I went with the collar. I'm not sure it was the right choice. I read that a lot of people use nylons so the stuffing doesn't escape. I used a black sock because that's what I had. Around the neck in particular, the holes were pretty big and obvious, hence the collar. I used baby's initials; perhaps stripes would have been more effective.



There's a squeaker in the head, a bell in the bottom, and crinkle paper in the shell. I went up and down every aisle in Michaels twice, and couldn't find supplies. Instead I went to Value Village and bought a toy to dismantle.

I suck at i-cords, so I made a lucet cord instead with a two-pronged fork. *much* easier.

The light pink yarn is lovely and soft; the bright pink, not so much. It's also pilly already. Rather unimpressed.



Monster has claimed it as his, and frankly, I'm such a selfish knitter, I not sure I want to give it away anymore.

eta, nov 20: Okay, seriously, what am I going to do with a noisy, pink turtle? It's been gifted. Baby was sleeping, but I think the mom likes it. Or is at least intrigued that I made it.

No comments: