8.08.2008

needlessly complicated

So, I like to change patterns because I don't want to knit the carbon copy of somebody else's project. Fair enough, right? It's just that I end up making them WAY HARDER THAN THEY NEED TO BE.

I'm making mittens, out of sock yarn, and I thought it'd be neat to have them reversible. So, double knit. But corrugated ribbing isn't reversible. Tried a few different things, but have resorted to tubular cast on, and will knit 2 sets of cuffs, connect them when I get to the main body part.

When I first cast on, was sitting on the fence whether to do a variation on somebody's latvian mitts, or a herringbone stripe thing for the back side. Went with the latvian boxes, but not so thrilled. Too many long floats. Hey, at least the double knitting should take care of any floats, yes?

I dislike this skinny yarn thing. It makes my hand cramp up. But I couldn't get enough detail with worsted yarn.

2008AUG 010

No comments: