4.22.2008

felting day

instead of the world's slowest knitter...maybe the world's dumbest...or laziest...

wrapped up my bag in a pillow case, and tossed it into the washer, hot cycle. had a peek, still looking pretty big. had another peek, yep, still big. wandered off and forgot about it...you can see where this is going, right? yeah, tiny. tiny like the pre-felted version of my first bag. UGH!

AND I knitted the straps as tubes, so I could add webbed straps later. you know, like commercial backpacks with the adjustable buckles and all that. yeah...it felted closed. after 10 minutes with scissors, and a giant metal skewer, I managed to get it open. it's super skinny now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find webbing to fit inside, let alone padding. funny thing is, the straps were the ONE thing I did a gauge swatch for!

but, the good news is, I get to go shopping for a lining this week.

NOT looking forward to sewing it all together, however...

it's drying right now.






and what it was supposed to look like...

No comments: