5.20.2007

shorties

I made shorties for my monster.

I used the picky pants pattern by little turtle knits. I probably wouldn't use it again. Kinda annoyed to have paid $14 usd for it.
Here's the first attempt...

Whatever you do, don't do option 3 for the shaping... it said "this is the best option, in my opinion) for Buddha bellied kids. You know, the ones where the diaper invariably rides down under the belly in front? For the Buddha option, you’ll work both the backside increases and extended short rows in order to get the perfect fit." I read that and thought, wow, that's totally Finn! NOT. holy crap it was freaking huge. I also didn't like the gusset. Second version, I used the one described here

Second try

front


back (domo has eyes, but the black yarn kinda blends in with the dark brown... hard to capture on camera.)

I'm not unhappy with the second version. But I forgot to account for the short row shaping when I did domo's face, and I think his mouth is disproportionate to his teeth, and that I should have done the whole thing up higher on the bum. Oh well. The embroidery took almost as long as the knitting!

Issues: Should I size down the needles for seed stitch? The legs have this kind of flare to them... Haven't blocked or lanolized them yet, so maybe that'll help.
Also, with the short rows, it's fine on the knit side, but on the purl side there's a little loop left over. Does that make sense? I didn't take a pic, and with the duplicate stitch, you can't see it anymore. But it bugged me.


it was hard to get a good shot, he kept running around.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

TOO CUTE! I love the Domo Bum :) (The pirate soaker you have further down is fantastic, too!)

*found you via ravelry, btw. I'm wendymc over there*

Anonymous said...

I <3 those pants!!! wanna make some for my son now!

^ajevomon^ said...

WOWOW!!!!

i write/speak english, but I LOVE your CREATIONS!!!!

good bye

^ajevomon^ said...

sorry, what I was trying to say my english is bad......

see you